We’re hiring a new Administrator!
Scottish BAME Writers Network is looking to hire someone to cover Administration & Media Support for our non-profit organisation. This position will specifically assist with general administrative duties, such as invoicing, managing our inbox and calendar, and updating our website and social media with various opportunities. The Administrator may also assist with our programming by providing event support. This is primarily a remote role for anyone based in Scotland, with attendance at venue-based events (after lockdown is fully eased).
Given the specific duties of this role, we will be looking for candidates that can speak to BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) experiences. Please be mindful, and carefully consider whether you are the best candidate for this job posting.
Please note that we are a fully intersectional organisation – please read through our Safer Spaces policy before applying to check if we’re a good fit for you.
The successful candidate will be hired for 25 hours per month at a rate of £15PH. We have no set Rota; these hours can be worked at your convenience within reason. The contract is for 10 months (March – Dec) with possible renewal for the 2022 year (pending funding).
All our part-time staff assists with the following:
- Basic admin, such as using our management tool (Asana)
- Participation in the SBWN Committee WhatsApp group and monthly meetings
- Staff is welcome, but not required, to contribute to the SBWN blog
The responsibilities for role as Admin & Media Support:
- Serving as SBWN’s first point of contact by managing our inbox
- Assisting with organisational tasks related to SBWN event programming
- Regularly updating and circulating information on our social media channels
- Updating our website, Eventbrite, and newsletter with various opportunities
- Assisting with basic financial duties, such as invoicing and updating budget documents
- Problem solving with fellow staff members, and working as a team
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about SBWN’s advocacy work. The administrator will have the skills necessary to enable each staff member to efficiently complete their tasks. See below:
- Is familiar with the literary industry and creative writing
- Has the strong organisation and communication skills required to efficiently manage SBWN’s inbox and calendar
- Is adept in technology, and comfortable updating our WordPress website, Eventbrite ticketing page, and MailChimp newsletter
- Has experience using social media, and is interested in helping promote our online presence
- Enjoys working with others, including other staff, partners, and our network members
- Is comfortable being one of the faces of our organisation
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills and qualities do you have that make you a good candidate for this position?
- How do you align with SBWN’s Mission and goals?
This position has a start date of 1st March 2021. We aim to respond to all applicants by the week of 15th February.
The Scottish BAME Writers Network is committed to promoting diverse, equal and inclusive spaces and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including but not limited to, people from BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic), LGBT+, &/or disabled communities, women, ‘working class’ &/or non-binary people.