In response to social distancing and COVID-19, Scottish BAME Writers Network is adjusting our programming for the foreseeable future. As we work on bringing the community together at this time, we’re pleased to introduce this online reading event.
Download the guidelines and/or see below:
Call for Online Workshop Pitches
The Scottish BAME Writers Network is looking for performers for an online reading event. This event is an opportunity for writers interested in sharing their work with new audiences from across the globe – the magic of the internet will bring you to corners of the world both near and far.
We are interested in hearing from writers from all genres. Each performer will be given a 5 to 7 minute reading slot to share and read from previously published work or works in progress. We are looking for a total of six performers for this online reading event.
We seek applicants who identify as writers of colour with ties to Scotland. You don’t have to currently be based in Scotland but must be able to demonstrate a substantial connection to Scotland.
- You will send a cover letter (100 words maximum within the body of email) that includes:
- a) your connection to Scotland;
- b) the genre(s) you would like to perform in during the reading event;
- c) includes your writer’s bio written in third-person 25-words maximum for marketing purposes.
- Please also include a high-res photo and your social media handles when sending your cover letter.
- You will also send one example of work in any genre – this does not have to be a piece you perform on the night (Word Doc/PDF, link to online publication or YouTube/media).
- You will be paid an artist fee of £30 for 5 to 7 minutes of performed work.
- The event will be hosted online via a platform provided by the Scottish BAME Writers Network.
- The event will be hosted on April 30, 2020 (7:00 to 8:30PM GMT).
- You will be required to have a steady internet connection and access to laptop/desktop, tablet or smartphone.
How to apply
Send your cover letter (100 words) to ScotBAMEWriters@gmail.com by the closing date (April 22, 2020) if you are interested in participating. All applicants will be notified by April 25, 2020. As a reminder, please only apply if you identify as a writer of colour with ties to Scotland.