Our networking conference is back, and registration is officially open!
On Saturday 27 November, 10am-6pm, we’re offering a day of talks, panels, workshopping, live reading, 1:1s with publishing insiders, and of course networking!
All events will be held on Zoom, so you can attend from the comfort of your own space.
Our main programme (Keynote, Panels, Closing Reading, and Drop-in Chat Room) is open to writers, creatives, and literary professionals of ALL backgrounds internationally, while our workshop and 1:1 sessions are open to Black writers and writers of colour in/from Scotland.
10:00 – 10:30 am: Keynote Address – Leila Aboulela
10:45 – 11:45am: Panel 1 – Staying Connected to Yourself
12:00 – 1:30 pm: Workshop – Staying Connected to Your Writing Career
1:30 – 2:15 pm: Lunch/break
2:15 – 4:15 pm: 1:1 Sessions with Publishing Insiders
2:15 – 4:15 pm: Drop-in Chat Room
4:30 – 5:30 pm: Panel 2 – Staying Connected to Your Roots
5:30 – 6:00 pm: Closing Reading – Andrés N. Ordorica
Please note: Keynote, Panels, Drop-in Chat Room, and Closing Reading are open to writers and literary professionals from ALL backgrounds.
Workshop and 1:1s are open to Black writers and writers of colour based in/from Scotland.
- Tickets are free or pay what you can (suggested £10+).
- All events are suitable for people 18+ years.
- For everyone from all backgrounds, internationally: Keynote, Panels, Closing Reading, and Drop-in Chat Room
- For Black and POC Scotland-based writers: workshop and 1:1s
- Events are hosted online using Zoom (instructions will be sent for Zoom 2 days before or can be accessed via the Eventbrite Online Event pages).
- To participate you will need an internet/wi-fi connection and a desktop or mobile device to join by audio and/or video.
- Keynote, Panels, Workshop, and Closing Reading:
- Automatic captioning (Otter.ai) and BSL translation provided
- Professionally captioned recordings of Keynote, Panels and Closing Reading available for ticket holders within 6 weeks of event.
- For 1:1s and Chat Room:
- Automatic captioning (Otter.ai) provided in the Drop-in Chat Room main room
- BSL translation available on request – please add your requirements during registration
- For 1:1s, captioning or note taking may be available – please add your requirements during registration
- Main programme (Keynote, Panels and Closing Reading) will be recorded, professionally captioned and available to all ticket holders for later viewing, from January – March 2022.
- Workshop and 1:1s will not be recorded. Each 1:1 session lasts 15 minutes.
- Comfort breaks 5-15 minutes breaks are scheduled throughout the day. You may mute your mic/switch off video or take a break at any time.
- Please add any access requirements to the registration form.
- All SBWN events will adhere to our Safer Spaces Policy. You can learn more about our policy here.